ADDAC306 is a 5 channel multi-directional CV generator.
You can think of it as a “sweet spot” controller, or a hands-on way of transiting from one state to another.
Each of the five channels has MINIMUM, SPAN and DIRECTION controls, a common CV IN and a common TRANSITION CONTROLLER slider.
- MINIMUM sets the minimum channel voltage.
- SPAN sets the voltage range of the channel.
- It essentially sets the maximum voltage that can be output from the channel, relative to what the current channel MINIMUM is. For a given SPAN value, if the MINIMUM voltage is changed then the maximum voltage output from that channel will also change respectively.
- DIRECTION sets whether the voltage transition for each channel goes from MINIMUM to maximum, or maximum to MINIMUM.
- The TRANSITION CONTROLLER slider controls the transition from the minimum value (A) to the maximum value (B) or vice versa, according to the settings of each independent channel.
Moving this slider generates 5 different voltages with 5 different ranges and directions. The transition can also be operated from a CV source at the CV IN, in which case the slider position acts as an attenuator for the incoming voltage.
- The maximum range of each channel can be set to either 5 or 10 volts, by 5 jumpers in the back of the module. Only positive voltages are generated at the output.
Width: 8 hp
Depth: 40 mm