Beruzu is a 1:1 Replicant of Veils V2 originally released by Mutable Instruments in 2020, providing four VCAs with an adjustable response curve and offset control in a 10hp package.
All components have been carefully sourced with no expense spared including sliders without detents identical to the original specification.
Beruzu outputs are daisy-chained, allowing adjacent groups of 2, 3, or all 4 channels to be mixed together.
- More compact footprint (10-HP)
- Sliders instead of knobs for the main gain/CV control. These control the amount of gain (amplitude) modulation from the CV input, or direct gain control when no cable is patched in the CV input – as you would find on a standard mixer channel fader.
- Gain indicator LED on all four faders.
- Positive offset control (0 to 8V) for direct use of bipolar modulation sources.
- All inputs DC-coupled.
- All inputs handle audio-rate signals.
- Input impedance: 100k for all inputs.
- Gain scale: a +5V CV translates to a gain of 1 (0dB), both in linear and in exponential mode.
- Large gains above +20dB (sufficient for amplifying line-level signals) achievable in exponential mode.
- Offset control adding an adjustable voltage from 0 to 8V to the gain CV.
- Width: 10hp
- Depth: 25mm
- Power: +50mA / -50mA