Welcome to the world of the EYESY™ – Critter & Guitari’s video synthesizer! The EYESY reacts to your music to create endlessly mesmerizing visuals. Simply plug it in and start creating. But don’t be fooled by the simplicity of the EYESY, there are many features and goodies hidden inside. Whether you are creating live visuals, working on a music video, or want to program your own graphics, the EYESY will become an indispensable tool.
The EYESY comes with numerous pattern generators called modes. Navigate the modes using buttons, and then tweak their visual appearance using five knobs. The modes respond to audio input in various ways; from smooth undulating patterns to rapid fire animations. The controls allow you to effect various elements of the patterns and colors. There is also a setting that allows the graphics to pile up in vibrant collages.
When you happen upon a setting that you like, press the scene save button to save it. This scene can now be recalled at a future time.
Incoming MIDI Notes and Clock can change a mode’s behavior. The knobs can automated by sending MIDI controller messages from a sequencer or your favorite performance software. Program Change messages may also be sent to select your saved scenes.
You can add and remove the pattern generating modes to make the device as simple or complex as you like. The saved scenes are stored in a single file that can be saved and edited. All of the resources are managed through a simple-to-use web browser-based interface.
Edit and create your own modes! The modes are all open source and based on an open platform. You can make changes to the modes and create new modes using the browser-based editor. Modes are written in the Python programming language.
- Outputs: Composite Video Out Jack (PAL + NTSC), HDMI Video Out Jack (720p + 1080p)
- Inputs: ¼” Stereo Audio Input, MIDI Input: ?” TRS-MIDI Jack, MIDI Input: USB-MIDI (for class compliant devices)
- LINK: Sync to LINK tempo via WiFi
- Size: 6.0 x 3.5 x 2.2″ / 15.24 x 8.9 x 5.6 cm. Height includes knobs.
- Power Supply:
- Input: 100-240VAC @ 50/60Hz. Output: 9VDC, 1.3A, Center-positive polarity.
- USB-WiFi Adapter (Ralink 5370 Chipset, 2.4GHz)
- A microSD card holds the operating system and modes. There is ~4GB for available for mode storage.
Note: This product comes with a US power adapter. You’ll need a US to UK adapter or alternate 9V power supply to use.