Module A-149-4 generates four triggered random voltages which meet the criteria chosen by several controls.
Manual controls for the criteria selection:
- Octave range (manual control “Oct.”): this parameter defines how many octaves are covered by the random voltages (0 … +5V, with “Oct.” control fully CCW only 0V are generated)
- Grid (6 illuminated radio buttons): this parameter defines the grid of the random voltages:
- Minor / Major (2 illuminated radio buttons): this parameter defines in case of chords or scales if they are minor or major. For all other grids this parameter has no meaning
- Sixth / Seventh (2 illuminated separate buttons): these parameters defines if the sixth or seventh is added. Valid only if Oct, Quint, Chord or Scale is chosen as grid.
-Octaves + Quin (Quint)
-continuous (i.e. stepless)
The output voltages follow the 1V/octave standard with exception of the Continuous mode. The voltages in this mode are totally random and do not follow the 1V/oct standard (i.e. not a multiple of 1/12V).
The generation of a new random voltage at the output (CV Out 1…4) is triggered by the corresponding trigger input (Trig. In 1…4). The trigger inputs are normalled top down. The minimum trigger level is +2.5V (up to max. +12V).
- random polyphonic structures (in combination with the polyphonic modules A-111-4, A-105-4, A-132-8, A-141-4 and e.g. A-157 as trigger source and A-173-1/2 for transposition of the polyphonic structures)
- any application that requires several random voltages