In 2019 the launch of the arbhar heralded a new generation of granular processing in Eurorack. Sampled audio can be chopped into tiny grains, scattered, shaped, re-pitched, reversed, and layered for an endless range of audio manipulation from seamless frozen tones to mutated acousmatic madness. Each grain sounds with its defined specifications. When modulation is used, the “per-grain parameter” definition allows for true polyphonic layering.
With the introduction of firmware version 2 (2023) comes a complete rewrite of the entire codebase to implement both technical and conceptual improvements that will enhance the entire user experience of the arbhar. We have ensured that the overall feel of the module has been preserved as much as possible. Advances in efficiency and expanded features will allow the arbhar to explore many more sonic and musical spaces.
Meet the Lexer Method 2.0.
- Up to 88 stereo grains between two granular engines, allowing for polyphonic layering
- Mono and stereo input configurations
- Six 10 second individual audio buffers
- 1 volt per octave pitch tracking
- On-board random pitch deviation and grain direction probability
- Scan mode, Follow mode, and Wavetable mode
- Stereo pan, feedback delay, and reverb configurations
- Built-in condenser microphone
- Analogue input pre-amplifier and limiter
- Audio analysis with onset detection for automatic audio capturing
- Includes 2 HP passive CV Expansion module and 4GB USB flash drive
- User-definable configuration for complete instrument customisation
- Save, Load and Clone audio between layers
- Curate/recall entire performance configurations with up to 42 Scenes.
- USB import and export functionality
- Width: 18hp + 2hp Expander + 2hp USB Input Expander
- Depth: 42mm (60mm with USB expander)
- Power: +230mA / -30mA