ASHIKO is a quad stereo VCA designed to create multi-directional sounds starting with mono sources.
Plug an input into “I” and a LFO in “V”. Connect the two outputs “O” into a mixer / output module.
The switch at the bottom is used to set the mono – stereo mode of the VCA. The other toggle is to select between a hard and a soft pan curve. Visual feedback of which of the two output is currently open is given with two blue LEDs.
“It’s called see-saw VCA because when an output is linearly opening the other one is alternately closing following the behaviour of the CV source. Different kind of controls – pulses, envelopes, complex waves – will make the VCA react in a distinctive way.”
With stereo mode active – bottom toggle switch on – connect a triangle wave from an LFO in the V input. Rise the frequency of the LFO to speed up the opening-closing action of the VCAs, resulting in a faster stereo and phasing effect. Make this panning harder or softer with the other toggle switch.
Experiment with all kind of input waves to get unique results.
- 4 Stereo full range VCAs.
- Transistors based CV inputs designed to give the best results with LFOs.
- Individual toggle switches to activate mono or stereo mode.
- Selectable hard/soft switching curve.
- Input and CV are normalled and they flow top to bottom when no jack is inserted. • Works with audio and CV sources.
- “Whatever” power connector a.k.a. don’t mind the polarity.
- Width: 6hp
- Depth: 25mm
- Power: +85mA / -70mA