The CalTrans solves issues encountered when playing tonal music with a modular system: tracking problems, curves unrelated to Volt per octave ratio, limited octave range, cumbersome transpose, … The Caltrans corrects and expands the range of troublesome VCOs and brings V/Oct tracking to anything that oscillates.
A pair of rotary encoders with detent allow an precise selection of octaves and semitones. VCOs whose tracking doesn’t go high (low) enough to follow the leader will see their pitch repositioned in their highest (lowest) possible octave so that the global harmony is unaffected. You can add a pinch of portamento and glissando to each channel and save the whole in user presets.
- Four V/Oct processing channels, with curve correction and range expansion, works with other range systems (e.g. Buchla), 1:1 in/out V/Oct mode for use without calibration
- Switchable semitone quantizer
- Adjustable portamento and glissando time
- Separate semitone and octave transpose click-encoders
- Four user presets storing transpose, portamento and glissando
- Maximum voltage range covering 10 octaves
- Presets, calibration and current state retained over power cycle
- Volt/Oct inputs factory-calibrated in flash memory
- User adjustable input scaling to correct voltage inaccuracies in your sources