The Grainity brings a unique and never-heard-before concept to the world of analog VCF. While being based on analog filtering only, the Grainity expands and enriches the sound in creating subharmonics, harmonies, unison, flanging effects and formant filtering all at once. The module presents two sections, the granular filter itself and a typical multimode filter, each with its own output. A third output offers a mix of both filter paths. Numerous controls and CV allow a very wide palette of results.
In the granular section, the incoming sound cycle is determined in order to step through various filtering and phase variations of itself according to predefined patterns called structures. The controls allow alterations to the cycling phase, cycling frequency offset (tuning), structure selection and frequency division of the filters cycling. This comes in addition to the usual filter frequency and resonance controls.
- Unique concept of granular VCF with 100% analog audio path
- Two simultaneous filter flows, Granular VCF and Multimode VCF, with separate outputs
- Mixing of both filter’s output to a dedicated out, phase inversion switching between the two filters
- Shared frequency and resonance controls
- Multimode filter with various types and poles
- Self-resonance capability
- 7 CV inputs to control all settings
- Current settings maintained over power cycle
- Firmware update via a simple audio file
Power: +12V @ 101mA, -12V @ 59mA
Manufacturer product page here.