Marbles is a source of random gates and voltages, which offers an extensive amount of (voltage) control on all the different flavors of randomness it produces.
The module gives the musician many different ways of imposing structure on the random events generated by the module: synchronization to external clocks, control of the repetition or novelty of the generated material, quantization of the voltages, or randomization of gates or voltages generated by traditional sequencers.
- Rhythm follower/predictor to lock onto uneven clock divisions or rhythmic patterns.
- Adjustable jitter (knob and CV), going from perfect tracking to completely erroneous – but always preserving the overall tempo.
- Three generative models, with CV-controlled bias parameter increasing the density of notes on one channel or the other:
- Adjustable gate duration, from short triggers to full length. Gate duration can be randomized.
- 3 outputs, either clocked by the 3 outputs of the random gate generator, or by a common external clock.
- Distribution control: SPREAD control, scanning between constant, bell-shaped, uniform or discrete distributions; and BIAS control biasing the generated voltage towards the bottom or top of the voltage range.
- Adjustable range: 0 to +2V (for melodies), 0 to +5V, -5V to +5V.
- The STEPS parameter controls the steppiness/quantization of the output voltages.
- Scales are programmed by playing a short jam in the target scale: Marbles learns which notes are more prominent than others.
- The three outputs can all follow the settings dialed on the control panel, or react in different and opposite ways. The turn of a knob can completely push your
Width: 18 hp
Depth: 25 mm
Power: +12V:80mA -12V:20mA