Shades provides 3 channels of audio/CV processing which can be configured either as active attenuators or as attenuverters. Unconnected inputs are normalized to an internal precision voltage reference, which can produce either a +5V or +10V constant voltage. Shades’ outputs are daisy-chained, allowing adjacent groups of 2 or 3 channels to be mixed together.
This 2020 revision matches the design language used in the most popular and recent Mutable Instruments modules like Marbles, Plaits or Rings.
- Mix audio sources or CVs.
- Add offsets to CVs, or change their polarity.
- Transpose the output of a sequencer without compromising V/O tracking.
- Attenuate/invert CVs sent to modules which do not have attenuverters on their CV inputs.
- Control with a knob parameters of other modules that are only accessible through CV inputs (like Just Friends’ RUN or the Dixie’s PW).