*Customer returned this for a different colour and was only used once. Item is in mint condition in the original box and comes with a full warranty*
LYRA-8 is a unique organismic analogue synthesizer designed by Vlad Kreimer. “Organismic” means that LYRA uses some principles that lie in the base of living organisms. The way how LYRA’s modules interacting between each other and the behaviour of the instrument resembles a live conversation.
LYRA-8 is based on eight generators, which will be referred to as voices. Their design is not like a traditional subtractive synthesis VCO. Instead of having a linear or logarithmic dependency on control voltage, they resemble the tone generators in old electric organs. Hence the use of the term “voices” instead of “VCOs”. Lyra uses non-linearity a lot, and the voices are constructed in such a way that allows for non-linearity to express itself.
- Max output voltage: 2 v 0-to-peak
- Output connector: mono 6.3 mm TS or TRS (balanced) jack
- Output resistance: 100 Ohm
- EXT IN: 1 v 0-to-peak
- EXT IN connector: 6.3 mm TS jack
- CV DELAY : unipolar, range of 0 to +5 volt
- CV DELAY connector: 6.3 mm TS jack
- CV VOICES: unipolar, range of 0 to +5 volt
- CV VOICES connector: 6.3 mm TS jack
- Power supply: stabilised, +12 V, 0.2 A, centre positive
- Power Consumption: 2 watt
- Dimensions: 266 x 266 x 62 mm
- Weight (without power supply and packaging): 2.5 kg