A variable-width bandpass filter with fast and tactile controls.
Aperture is capable of simple filtering, self oscillation FM timbres, nasty acidic squelches, and capturing images of UFOs descending from the heavens on a cold winter’s night. The concept is a bandpass that ranges from transparent to gnarly, with precision controls that behave under stress, all while being joyful to wreak havoc with.
Aperture works very well as a part of a subtractive synthesizer voice paired with your favorite oscillator as well as a signal processing unit. Use it as a Eurorack EQ by running drum loops or other program content with full a frequency range through it to help them sit in your mix a bit better. Pinpoint the exact instruments by dialing in on a narrow frequency band.
Drive your sound and add unique rhythmic content by adding some feedback. Sweep any one of it’s parameters with direct CV control.
- Variable bandwidth via tactile and CV controls
- Eight pole filter core
- Independent resonance and self oscillation of both sides of the filter with CV
- Feedback circuit with two modes and CV
- Input level VCA
- Additional CV for opening the band either side of Center
- V/oct tracking
- Temperature compensated
- Dry / Wet mix for parallel filtering sounds
Width: 12 hp
Depth: 25 mm
Power: +12V = 120mA; -12V = 100mA